Thursday 4 October 2012

Gathering at Hokkaido Ichiba @ 1 Utama

Looking back at my photo albums remind me of my high school life. It's been three years I graduated from my lovely school. Look at these photos! Time and tide wait for no man. I feel old! Although we've been apart for a long time, we still keep in touch and frequently call up a small gathering when the time's right.

Annual meeting 2009.
Graduation day. Photo with my juniors, practical prefects.

My junior, Daniel, just came back from America for his one month break. He is doing very fine now.  Except his waistline. *LOLLL* So he dated my another junior, Cynthia and I for a lunch at One Utama since Cynthia was working there.
L-R : Cynthia,me,Daniel.

It was a sunny Saturday. 
Perfect day for hiding inside an air-conditioned space and get a big tub of ice cream and refreshing drinks.

Or maybe something delightful. ;)

We chose Hokkaido Ichiba as our station this time. Its cosy environment is just nice for gathering! Warm lighting, relaxing atmosphere and natural wooden furniture and decoration. Ain't it nice? ^^


Wooden banisters divide the space into several private space.

Before talking about our foods, here a few information about Hokkaido Ichiba : 

Hokkaido Ichiba has two sections - Kita No Zen (dining area) and ice cream section.





Hokkaido Ichiba is under the management of 
SuperSushi Sdn. Bhd. - same management as 

Sushi/Pasta Zanmai, Rakuzen, Zen and Kura.

It priced between Rakuzen and Sushi Zanmai, targeting a more high class super dining experience. In fact, the foods here cost at least 20% higher than the normal price of Japanese foods. But I can guarantee you the foods here are worth every single penny! Believe me! Also, they do serve an extensive range of sushi, temaki, sashimi and so on. Bento sets are available in affordable price, and good in value as their portion are really big! (I'm a big eater but I hardly finish a set! D: )

Salmon Mentaiyaki

Salmon Mentaiyaki Half-cooked salmon topped with Japanese mayonnaise
Unique taste of the Japanese mayonnaise totally brings up the real taste of salmon. I felt the salmon was swimming and slide through my throat with creamy mayo!

Tamago Mentaiyaki

Tamago Mentaiyaki Sweet omelette (egg) with Japanese mayonnaise
Oh man! I couldn't tell you how deep is my love to this! Madly in love with Tamago Mentai <3
 Charred smell, slight grilled mayo and sweetness in omelette. Perfecto! 

Chicken Katsu Curry

 
Chicken Katsu Curry 
Like curry but cannot bear with those hot spices? Here goes something that can ease your tongue! Tadaaa!
Japanese curry. Basic vegetables like carrots, onions and potatoes to make curry. For the meat, you can opt for beef, pork or chicken. The rice here was roundy, bouncy and juicy. A spoonful of healthy Japan rice with dense chicken curry definitely brought me to heaven. Chicken was well marinated and still crunchy-crunchy even soak in curry sauce for a period. *fly*
 

Inari Ebiko

Inari Ebiko Prawn roe and deep fried tofu skin
Prawn roes exploded one by one and savoury dispersed evenly inside my mouth. Sweetness from deep fried tofu skin balanced the savoury from roes. 
Kani Tamago Maki

Kani Tamago Maki Omelette with crab stick
Just an ordinary maki. My favourite 'appetizer'. :D
Oh but this crab stick was way better than other Japanese restaurant because it didn't taste fishy.

Kaki Fry

Kaki Fry Oyster
I don't like oyster. But I still took it from conveyor belt because it looked nice! Surprisingly, this Kaki Fry was good! The oyster was big, fresh and juicy. Much better than the one I ate at Sushi King. (Well, can't compare these 2 Japanese restaurants as they are 2 different targets/levels.) =/ 

Salmon Ikura Temaki

Salmon Ikura Temaki Salmon slices with salmon roe
Ermm...This was quite disappointing tho. As you can see in the photo, the salmon slices were as thin as paper. The ingredients were too little. I can hardly taste the salmon. Also, the seaweed was soft when it reached my table. It's hard to chew and insipid! *totally upset* The best temaki I ever had was at 
Umai-ya . (Umai-ya offers buffet at affordable price too!)


Overall, Hokkaido Ichiba is pretty good. I become one of the regular customers since their opening last year. *I've abandoned Sakae after first try of Hokkaido Ichiba* *grins*
If you are a typical sushi addict, make sure you drop by and try this outlet. It won't turn you down! Their foods are presented with extra care, come with huge portions and taste incredibly fresh and good! However, Hokkaido Ichiba will be floaded with people on weekends. So maybe plan your visit on weekdays? ;)

Rate
Service: Fast and friendly
Food: Fresh and well
Environment: Clean and comfy
Price: RM40+- for my meal (Fine for me because those foods worth it!)

* make sure you try their ice creams as well! Made from high quality Hokkaido milk. I love it!


Address: 
Hokkaido Ichiba Japanese Restaurant
LOT LG 101,
Lower Ground Floor Promenade,
1 Utama Shopping Centre,
No 1, Lebuh Bandar Utama,
Bandar Utama Damansara, 47800 Petaling Jaya.


 Another outlet:

Hokkaido Ichiba Japanese Restaurant
Lot T-201, Third Floor,
The Garden Mall 59200
Kuala Lumpur.
Tel: 03 2283 1060







By lovely and pretty Jesyka, Yen Min (55499).




No comments:

Post a Comment